Friday, August 8, 2008

We Have Liftoff

Well here goes – my journey into the blogosphere begins. I’d like to share a little bit about myself and my hopes for this blog.

I’m a Christian, husband, son, brother, friend, teacher, and soon-to-be father. Those are my most important roles at least. I currently am teaching psychology at a Christian college in the Mid-west (and loving it). While I was raised Christian and have always believed in the existence of God, I’ve been serious about my faith for six or seven years now. During that time a number of issues, struggles, thoughts, and lessons have taken place in regards to my faith. All of this has been the impetus for this blog.

There are a number of purposes I am aiming to fulfill with this blog. First, it is a place for me to put some of my thoughts out there and see what you (the readers) think. I’m really looking for feedback and discussion. Second, the blog provides me with a discipline to continually be dealing with these issues rather than shoving them on a backburner, which is all too easy in our busy world. And finally, I hope that some of the issues I have struggled through and how I have dealt with them will be useful for others.

I plan on trying to post regularly, though probably not every day, and will cover a wide range of topics, with the general focus being on how to live out God’s calling and dealing with the struggles of faith. My posts will include my thoughts and reactions on Scripture, questions I grapple with, and how our faith does/should impact our everyday lives. I’ll also be posting links to interesting stories or other blog posts that pop up. I’m new to all of this, so feedback is always welcome. Though if you think I stink, don’t just tell me “YOU STINK!” – tell me why I stink.

Anyway, here goes…….

1 comment:

Eric Guel said...

Welcome to the blogosphere. ;-)